There are parents who run to the doctor in terror at the slightest sign and others so calm that they do not realize that their child is losing hair or has more moles than usual.
The ideal, as in everything, is to be in a middle point and for this, having information is essential. On our site we help you with these 10 unequivocal symptoms that your child needs to see a doctor.
We parents live our children's illnesses with anguish, especially when we are first-timers and the high fever alone is reason enough for us to walk in a life without living.
However, fever and other frequent diseases in children should not be a great alarm, even many would not even be a reason for consulting the doctor. However, there are symptoms that require the child to see the doctor immediately and they are these:
1. Mole growth: If your child gets an asymmetric mole, with irregular edges, with a different hue, greater than 6 mm or if an existing one has begun to grow, we should not hesitate at any time to take the child to the doctor.
2. Sudden and sudden changes in behaviorIf the child eats well but suddenly loses his appetite, begins to have trouble sleeping, loses the ability to move, confusion, delusions, depression, excessive apathy or hallucinations are an important reason to consult with the pediatrician.
3. Hair loss: It is known as alopecia when it is generalized and alopecic plaque when it only occurs in a specific region of the hair. This is temporary or permanent hair loss. It can be due to different causes: psychic, fungus (ringworm), scar on the head, maniac (the child pulls the hair), lack of vitamins, etc. The reason is usually the body itself, so it is necessary that we take the child to the pediatrician so that he can assess and treat him.
4. Hearing loss: If you notice that your child does not respond when you speak to him, not even when you call him by name, if he does not turn when there is a strong blow to his side, he does not even react, we can suspect that he has a hearing loss problem. Your specialist doctor will be the one to finally get us out of doubt
5. Increased head size: Babies are born with the skull unfinished to close. We can see the fontanelles in his head, which are the separations that exist between the hollows of the skull. They are soft and mobile, you can see how they rise and fall to the beat of your heart. They usually close between 12 and 18 months. But, if they are bulging, it can indicate increased intracranial pressure and, if they are sunken, dehydration. If, in addition, after 2 years they have not closed, it may be a symptom of a lack of vitamin D. All these cases are reason to consult the pediatrician.
6. Constant thirst: If your child drinks water constantly and his thirst does not seem to end, he may hide a greater disorder behind. One of the causes of intense thirst is diabetes, so if your child is in this case, you should consult the pediatrician so that he can assess him.
7. Snoring: If your child makes loud sounds while sleeping and even seems to have respiratory problems, you should consult it because it could be vegetations, obesity, obstruction of the airways, infection ...
8. Excessive fatigueIf the child is always tired, you see that he has little energy and that he is fatigued with little to do, it could be anemia or lack of vitamins and it is necessary to consult a doctor.
9. Fever that does not stop: fever is a symptom of an illness, not the illness itself, but if it lasts for 3 days or more and does not remit, it is necessary for the pediatrician to see what is causing it and how to tackle the problem.
10. Vomiting or diarrhea that does not stop: A baby or child can become dehydrated in a matter of hours in a severe case of gastroenteritis if they do not have the necessary care. In these cases, it is preferable to go to the emergency room immediately so that they can rehydrate you.
You can read more articles similar to Sure Signs Your Child Needs to See a Doctor, in the category of Childhood Diseases on site.