Alonso is a name for a boy of Germanic origin that means 'prepared for combat'. It is a very attractive name for any child due to its meaning and sound. Although it is not one of the most frequent names, is gaining popularity for that original and distinguished touch. Celebrate your name day October 31st, which is the day of San Alonso Rodríguez.
By the meaning of his name, Alonso has a charismatic personality with great appeal which is difficult to resist. His triumph in social relationships is based on his cheerful and spontaneous character, but also on his creative ingenuity. In addition, Alonso is a sensitive and committed person.
The name Alonso is known throughout the world thanks to the Germanic tradition. It is a name that was very common during the Middle Ages, although later it was losing ground as a name and gaining it as a surname. At present, its use as a name is beginning to be revitalized due to a certain touch of height that it brings.
He was born in Segovia, died in Palma de Mallorca and was canonized by Pope Leo XIII. The first part of his life was marked by misfortune and death. San Alonso Rodríguez married and had two children, but lost one of them and his wife. He also took over his father's business, but his poor business skills caused him to fail. Faced with this situation, he decided to join the Society of Jesus. There he worked as a doorman for a time and was an example of humility, obedience and perseverance in a penitent life.
It may help you to choose the name of your baby, to know that Alonso was the name of the most internationally recognized Spaniard. We are talking about the Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha, who was called in that more prosaic life, Alonso Quijano. This was the main character in the work of Miguel de Cervantes, who throughout the most universal work is nicknamed the Knight of the Sad Figure or the Knight of the Lions.
We must also remember the painter, sculptor and architect from Granada, Alonso Cano, the poet Alonso Ercilla or the presenter Alonso Caparrós. In his surname form we find him famous Formula 1 driver, Fernando Alonso, the Spanish actress Anabel Alonso, the soccer player Xavi Alonso, the poet Damaso Alonso or the dancer Alicia Alonso. In any case, Alonso is one of those names that triumph at any moment.
Because of his eyes, his way of kicking, his smile ... There are a thousand gestures that will allow you to discover the personality of your baby, but perhaps there is one that you do not know: numerology. Each letter of this name hides a digit A (1), L (3), O (6), N (5), S (1) and O (6). If we add all the numbers until we only have one, we find four, which will reveal traits about the character of these little ones.
The best of Alonso
If there is a characteristic that defines them above all, that is their tranquility, although their capacity for effort should also be highlighted in the face of any type of difficulty. They are children who will always fight to get the best of themselves in all fields: at school, at home, with friends, at work ... They are people with a very creative and curious spirit.
The worst of Alonso
It's not that it's bad or worse, it's that it can be improved. They hate any type of conflict, which will sometimes lead them to minimize the people they are around to avoid the temptation to start an argument. As you can imagine, they do not like to be leaders of any group, due to the responsibility that this entails, and neither to attract attention, they prefer to go unnoticed.
Leaving behind that October 31 is one of the favorite dates for children because Halloween is celebrated, we must not forget that this day other saints celebrate their birthday. Take a look at our list in case you know someone you need to message or make a call to:
- Saint Quentin of Vermand
- Saint Foilán de Fosses
- Saint Epimachus of Pelusius
- Saint Anthony of Milan
- Saint Expanded Martyr
Read more [Calendar of saints for the month of October]
It is very common for the name of Alonso to appear alongside others of equal renown. Sometimes it appears as a first option, but in others as a middle name. Do you want to know which are the most common?
- Alonso Daniel. 'God is my judge or justice of God' is the meaning of this name of Hebrew origin that combines perfectly with Alonso.
- Alonso david. It began to become famous for the Bible, but today it is chosen by people who are not religious because it is short and simple. He celebrates his saint on November 29.
- Alonso Rodrigo. This second name shares a lot with Alonso, since it means 'warrior'. There are also many historical characters with this name, such as the last Visigothic king of Spain or the Cid Campeador.
- Abraham Alonso. He was the man chosen to form the people of God, so imagine the importance of this name. Homage is paid to him on March 16, the date on which he celebrates his birthday, and also at Easter, for the role he plays in the Bible.
- Bruno Alonso. Bruno was a founding German monk of the order 'The Carthusians'. It is a masculine name of a boy of German origin that means 'breastplate or breastplate'.
- Hugo Alonso. It is related to happy, friendly and bright people. We do not know if because of these characteristics or because it is a simple name, but the truth is that it is one of those preferred by future parents.
- Ivan Alonso. Surely you know that Ivan is a Russian name, but perhaps what you do not know is that it is a variant of the Hebrew name Juan. It means blessed by God.
You can read more articles similar to Santo Alonso Day, October 31. Names for boys, in the category of Saints - Biblicals on site.